Thursday, July 31, 2008

BBQ Time.


As of tomorrow (after our wonderful little technology course) we will be done with our summer term!! ...sort of. Two research papers have to be written in August, but nonetheless, it's Friday and time to celebrate!!! Our class is having a barbeque, and I love that everyone is so optimistic and friendly! It is definitely important to get to know each other because I know that over the next year I will definitely need the support of my fellow students.

We talked to the previous MAC cohort today (aka last year's class), which was a nice change in the normal schedule. There was one language teacher that talked to us, and I actually learned some good info from her conversation with us!! I was really happy to hear that she actually used what we are learning in technology class with her students! I didn't think I would be able to apply a lot of the complicated online/web systems we're learning about. My brother was always the "computer whiz" and I never thought I could actually utilize what is out there. Well, watch out!! I plan on using some of the tools learned in our class with my own students. I know that it will engage them, and I should utilize the technology course while I have it!!

I just have to figure out how to remember all the steps, instructions, and sites we get in our tech course.... zut alors!

On a side note... I'm happy Chloe is bringing veggie burgers to the BBQ :) MmmmMMM.

1 comment:

Liz Kolb, Ph.D. said...

Christine
I'm so pleased that you got such great feedback from the past MACers and they could confirm that Jeff and I are not completely nuts! These tools can work.

Great to hear that you are excited about trying some of these tools! The tech workshops should really help give you the step-by-step that you are looking for. Also the Webinars are helpful. If you are interested in some of the Cell Phone activities we have done, you might want to sign up for the Cell Phone workshop (you will see how easy it is...really I mean it, no kidding).