Sunday, September 7, 2008

Living and learning. Taking things one step at a time...


It's the first week back...and I've had a lot of realizations.
I've decided that the best way to live this year is in the moment, and take things one step at a time. After all, change is a good thing, right?

It seems a little surreal, but the first week of Fall semester is over! I've been through moving into a new apartment, getting to know my way around a humungous school, and meeting lots of new people. I’m working on keeping up with schoolwork and meeting old friends who have come back to campus for their own master’s programs. I personally am trying to keep a positive attitude and keep my spirits up by focusing on a goal towards a bright future.

As a side note, I don’t think I have evvvvver had such a full schedule starting from 6am and ending with classes at 7:45 pm!! (almost everyday…) It's incredible that I can keep going sometimes, get homework done, annnd go out and socialize in order to remember that I still have a life.

But in a few week... it's crunch time!! Pat and Eugenie’s classes are almost over, and the thirty page research papers need to get finished. AH! :) we'll see how long it takes to get those done....

A final thought: I need to figure out how to actually help my mentor teacher. I don't feel very useful simply observing. I do enjoy the fact that I am learning, but I want the students to know I am going to be a part of their class structure! So we'll see... I'm going to investigate this week.

1 comment:

Sean Galvin said...

Maria-
I agree on this full schedule we have, it's gonna be hard to find time to work on that podcast! But I'm already brainstorming some ideas. I'll be around all weekend, working away at those big dawg papers so if you wanna work on the podcast at all, let me know!